Thursday 21 August 2008

Guerilla mail art project




I just got these yankee dollars in the mail today from DN of Portland, Oregon. I'm not sure the bank will accept them, so I'll pop them in a clip frame."we're building a new tomorrow" is a line from "bring power to its knees" another song that I wrote back in the day, and like I say..


As we move into a more abstract information - based economy, the opportunities for individualising interactions, like handing over altered, worn, mucky cash are lost. It all becomes ones and zeroes. It's not as if money is abolished, it becomes this equivalent information code kind of thing, and the codes get more and more impersonal. So why not strike a blow against the information economy ??? !!!. Take part in this guerilla mail art project :,

Open entry - no returns.




Write a message on, or decorate some paper money (any denomination) and send it to:
Mr N Ayers
Earthly Delights
PO Box 2
Lostwithiel
Cornwall
PL22 0YY
UK



And I'll post the best ones on the blog.

No comments: